* Percussion group "Shiniti Ueno & Phonics Reflection" representative
* Music director of "Ensemble Musica Vivante".
*conductor / music director of “Phonix Marimba Orchestra”
From the age of 3, he received a basic music education with piano and marimba.
After graduating from Kunitachi College of Music, he graduated from the College of Music. Received the Takeoka Prize. 1976 Study abroad in France.
Study under Kikuo Hamadate, Akiko Hamadate (Kuramasu), Sotaro Komori, the late, Jean Batingue (founder of the Strasbourg Percussion Group), Silvio Guarda (Solo Timpani player at the Paris Opera), Jean Pierre Drouet, Christoph Kaskel.
In 1978, he won the prestigious premier process of the French National Conservatory Union Competition.
1980, Paris International Contemporary Music Competition, Percussion Instrument Special Award.
In 1982, Barcelona-Maria Canals International Music Competition Solo percussion section 3rd place.
1977-78 Strasbourg Philharmonic Orchestra Percussionist.
From 1978 to 1985, he was a principal percussion and timpani player for the Toulouse Capitol National Orchestra of France.
While he was with these orchestra, he participated in numerous international music festivals in France, USA, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Luxembourg, Greece, and Yugoslavia.
As an orchestra soloist, he performed A. Jolivet percussion concerto and P. Creston Marimba minor concerto with the French National Toulouse Capitol Orchestra. N.D.Ponte Marimba Concerto (Brass band) and W. Kraft "Timpani Concerto" (Brass band version) will also be premiered in Japan. Especially, the Japanese premiere of W. Kraft's "Timpani Concerto" at the Japan performance (Suntory Hall) of Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra conduted by Michel Plasson was a exelant revieu.
Recitals and new works: Since 1977, Shiniti Uéno performed recitals almost every year, total of 40 times in Japan and abroad. He has premiered more than 100 pieces by various composers.
He has performed in international festivals and events such as: Paris International Percussion Forum, LA (Los Angeles) Chamber Music Festival, International Percussion Arts Association World Congress (PASIC), the European Paris Convention (2007), International Percussion Festival (Croatia 2014, Romania 2015, and 2019 China IPEA Shanghai).
Nurturing a large number of competition winners both in Japan and overseas in the guidance and education of younger students. He has held master classes in the United States, France, Switzerland, China, and South Korea, and has often been invited as a judge for international competitions.
He has so far released 13 CDs, 3 of which have been selected as "Monthly Recommendation" by "Record Art". "Vibra Elufa" was nominated for the "Record Academy Award" (contemporary music category) of 2019, and has been highly evaluated by major newspapers and music magazines.
His TV and video presentations include: French national TV, Antenne-2, TV-FR-3, FM-FRANCEMUSIQUE, FM-FRANCECulture, NHK-FM, NHK educational TV, NHK-BS "Classic Club" and many others.
* Introduction to musical instrument playing techniques for bands (Performance Techniques) "Percussion"
* "Portrait in Rhythm" by Anthony J. Cirone Japanese translation <Yamaha Music Media>
Introduction to musical instrument playing for bands (performance technique) "Mallet percussion"< Ongaku no Tomosha (Toa Music Publishing)>
* "Percussion instrument playing method with eyes"(VHS) <Toshiba EMI. PUBLISHING >
Internet Lecture Program (ongoing)
* “Musicians Creativity Lab” Internet lesson course <Yamaha Music Promotion Foundation>
SOLO CDs :
* Shiniti Ueno "20th Century Percussion Art Works" "PSAPPHA" <MUSICA VIVANTE>
* Shiniti Ueno & Yuji Takahashi: Duo Live Recording "Hana no Sekai" <MUSICA VIVANTE>
* Shiniti Ueno "Dulogue" (N.J. Jivkovich, Akira Nishimura, J. Ballissa, J. Sassus, Jolivet,) <ALM Records>
* Shiniti Ueno "Vibra Elufa" (K.Stockhausen, J.Soler, Toshiro Nakagawa, Tokuhide Niimi, Yoshihisa Taira, Akira Nishimura) <ALM Records>
Shiniti UENO & PHONIX Réflexion CDs :
* Ensemble masterpiece series "Shiniti UENO & PHONIX Réflexion" <Toshiba EMI>
* “Morris Ravel, Bolero” in collaboration with organist Keiko Inoué <DENON>
* "WISH" (Sculpture in Wood, Omphalo Centric Lecture, etc.) <MUSICA VIVANTE>
* "KECAK" (Optical Wave, Afta-Stuba !, Kecak, Celebration & Corale, Gainsborough, Heterorhythmix) <MUSICA VIVANTE>
* "Souls of Percussion" (N.J. Zivkovic work collection) <MUSICA VIVANTE>
* "YANTRA" (Akira Nishimura, Percussion Universe-“Yantra”-) <MUSICA VIVANTE>
* "Ceremonial" (A.JOLIVET percussion works collection) <ALM Records>
* "American Composers" <ALM Records>
* "Music for Percussion Ensemble by Japanese Composers <ALM Records> //